Home

Wednesday 8 February 2012

After a few days of confined to the couch and the inevitable onslaught of daytime television due to being ‘ill’, which involved feeling sick, coughing a lot and moaning, I have realized it is time to restart the blog. I began Fresh Scribbles over a year ago off the back of writing reviews for Manchester Literature Festival events. The nice folk at the Lit Fest had kindly informed me if I wrote for them, they would put a link on their blog to my blog. Unfortunately I didn’t have one, so proceeded to make one up! So I did a couple of events, wrote a few interesting pieces (which can all be found here) and politely went on my way. After that, the blog kind of flopped, in a big way, in that I didn’t really have much to talk about apart from work and university, between which I rapidly raced to and fro. Now, I have finished University (The minor modules at least) so its at least one thing ticked off the list, meaning I have a lot more time for other projects, such as the new and improved Fresh Scribbles.

So in a nutshell, I’m going to cover three areas and perhaps a fourth on this lovely blank canvas. Firstly will be an area titled Talking, which is simply my thoughts, musings, feelings, interests or anything that tickles me.

Secondly will be Watching, which will funnily enough detail Films or trailers that I have seen, or are wanting to see since I am, what I would consider to be a film enthusiast (not expert people so don’t start testing me until the DVD wall with in built secret passageway is complete!).

And Thirdly will be of course, Reading, where I will offer opinions or thoughts on current literature of interest, or books I have missed the bandwagon on and am only just picking up.

Now I mentioned an optional fourth, which could quite possibly be Writing. I am by trade (or persuasion) a writer, and I do love to write in a creative manner so here and there I may share some tasty morsels of genius which will make you think ‘wow’, ‘huh?’ or ‘monster trucks’ depending on how receptive you are to my advances.

Hmmm. That wasn’t quite a nutshell.

Watch This Space…

No comments:

Post a Comment