Home

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Welcome to Freshscribble!



Welcome to Freshscribble!


Fresh Scribble is all about original fiction/poetry, critical reviews, modern literature and writing events based in the beating heart of the creative North West: Manchester. At the very least, we can give you a nod in the direction of something indulgent and fascinating in the rainy city.

Now for a short introduction... my name is Rob Bester, I currently divide my time between working and studying in Manchester, living in Merseyside and making the transition between them every day. Have you noticed the guy sitting in the corner scrawling shakey writing over reams and reams of an A4 pad? Yep, thats me!
Whether it is the crime novel I'm working on, one of the several short stories I have experimented with, the script waiting for paper to call it's home, lyrics I have written for my dad's band, magazine content for the student's of Manchester, gig or film review's and possibly a poem or two, I've tried my hand at everything. So I'm hoping to transfer a bit of that onto these very pages. I know, it reads like a all-you-can-eat buffet, but you've got to have a try of everything at the table, even if it tastes like it used to be chicken.
Personally I enjoy writing infused with contemporary social issues, a dab of experimental fiction, a pinch of crime and most of all something that makes you put the book down and say 'Wow' out loud. Authors like J.G. Ballard, Philip K. Dick, George Orwell, William Gibson and David Mitchell are what I'm talking about.

Ideas for this blog have been gestating for a couple of months now though they were lacking a purpose, a reason for being online in the first place. Thankfully however, the reason plonked itself right in my lap, in the form of the Manchester Literature Festival, which I am happily volunteering for this year, as well as writing up blogs for their website for two of the events! Therefore all this week I will be following the events in the festival which will hopefully be a launchpad for me to get creative online and finally join the blogging community.

So wish me luck, and for those who have taken the time to read this blog, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment